Welcome to a new growing season with Plant Bro!
First off we want to thank all of our loyal customers for your patience and support through our first shipping season in 2020 both locally and long distance. Thank you so much for your support and patience! Without you we would not be here today bringing you an exciting new season filled with beautiful plants and exciting new products!
Our NEW website is now live!! Check it out at the same great URL www.plantbro.ca. We appreciate your feedback so please let us know what you think of the new set up or if you have any issues with the new format.
In addition to a new website, we have partnered up with UPS to bring you more shipping options at amazing prices. UPS delivery can get your plants to your door in 2-3 business days. We will be adding Canada Post back to our shipping options in another week (June 1st) as the frost season ends so that we can ship plants over longer time frames if necessary.
If you have been patiently waiting for an order you made in the winter season to be shipped with Canada Post please keep an eye on your email inbox over the next couple of weeks while we start to reach out with shipping invoices for your plant babies!! They are getting big and are very excited to go to their new forever homes :)
Another note on shipping is that we have changed our cut off times for our Monday pick ups from Sunday at 7PM to Saturday at midnight. We are seeing a higher number of requests and in order to ensure a streamlined experience for everyone we need to make these changes so that we can focus explicitly on packaging plants on Sundays. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A blog! This is an exciting time to be a plant parent, but there are so many questions that we get and we want to help all of you find the answers you need. With an easy to read format filled with basic and advanced information we can all grow and learn together what is best for our rare plant collections. If you have a question that you would love to see a blog post on please send me an email at email@example.com or message me directly through instagram, facebook or the website and we will add it to the list of ideas! Among the general topics we are hoping to cover we will:
- explore the world of Plant Bro to bring you updates monthly on what we are up to.
- Tropical Plants where we will touch on broad topics such as hoyas, philodendrons, syngoniums and so on, but also more specific articles on certain plants, substrates, humidity levels and whatever else we can do to help our babies grow.
- Pests and diseases we will discuss how to identify good and bad bugs, funguses, nutrient deficiencies and all the other ways we can inadvertently kill our plants but even better, how to save them too!
- My favorite personal topic outdoor gardening over time we will talk about all types of outdoor gardening in these posts, from balcony gardens, to square foot gardening, creating permacultures and growing beautiful flowers from spring to fall with colours at all times of the year, planning and harvesting vegetables and more! The summer is my favourite season and I love nothing more than finding space to dig a hole and plant something.
- Finally, we will be talking a bit about home decor this ties into another exciting moment for Plant Bro as we get ready to relocate to a new home! There will be lots of improvements and ways to bring together plant babies in appealing ways inside the home. Hopefully along the way we will find some exciting products that we would love to share with you to help create a gorgeous luxury feel to your own home while keeping your plant babies at the center of attention.
I know we are hitting you with a lot of exciting news here and I want to share just one more tidbit if you can handle it.. Jed (aka Plant Bro) is getting ready for the mother load of hoya orders in the next couple of weeks!! It is big and filled with 60 new species of hoyas for the hoya heads out there. We can't wait to get started growing out these mothers and sharing some propagations with you that will hopefully be ready in a couple of months.
We never sell our imports, we grow our mother plants and share the second generation of plant babies from them with you. This way we ensure a quality root system that is fully acclimated locally for your plant collections. This equates to higher levels of success after it has been shipped to you so please wait for updates on these new babies!!!
Welcome to June 2021 with Plant Bro and another great shipping season!! Please subscribe to our mailing list to receive alerts when a new blog post is added so that you don't miss a moment of the action.
As always, have a leafy day!!
Your plant pal at Plant Bro,