Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take for my plant to ship?
- There may be delays that we cannot control with the postal services. Please be patient and check your tracking number for updates. If there are issues please contact us.
- We send shipments out every Monday in a large batch to ensure that they have the maximum amount of business days in the mail. Orders for Monday must be placed before midnight on the Saturday before.
- In case of a holiday on Monday, your order will go out on the following Monday. In this case we may hold your order for almost 2 weeks before it is shipped. We will send you an email if this is going to happen.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen packages.
- We are not responsible for packages returned to us by the carrier due to incorrect or incomplete address or delivery information.
What shipping providers do you use?
- We offer two different providers: UPS and Canada Post.
What should I expect when I get my plant?
- Your order will be packaged with care by us at our Plant Bro headquarters. All plants are inspected thoroughly for any signs pests or disease before it is packed. Plants always go out looking healthy.
- Plants are alive, they breathe air and photosynthesize, in order to do this they need sunlight, air and water. These three necessities are missing when the plant is traveling. Meaning that the plants may appear dehydrated and limp upon arrival.
- When you unbox your plants please remember that they have been in a box for approximately a week if not longer.
- Your plants may initially look like a hot mess and they may even lose a couple of leaves. Inspect your plant closely.
- Always quarantine any plants for atleast 2 weeks when bringing them into your house as a common practice.
- Give your plant a drink if it needs it, place it in a spot where it will receive the conditions it needs and monitor it.
- 2 weeks is the minimal amount of time it will take for your plant to acclimatize to your environment and recover from shipping. Some plants may take longer or bounce back quicker this depends on the hardiness of the species.
- Our photos are a for reference only unless otherwise specified. You will receive a healthy plant in the pot size specified in the description. It may not be identical and it may have cosmetic flaws this is completely normal and does not always indicate disease.
- If you have questions or concerns about the plants you have bought from us please get in touch! We would love to help you out!
Does my plant need any special care after shipping?
- Yes! Plants do not like being in a box, it will take some time for them to recover. Do not repot your plant for at least 2 weeks after receiving it in the mail.
How do I care for my new plant?
- Be prepared for your new plant baby's arrival, if you have ordered a new plant species and you are unsure how to care for it do your research ahead of time.
- If you have any questions about how to care for your plant or you run into trouble with your new plant. You can reach us through messenger on our website or you can send us an email to email@example.com and we would be delighted to assist!
- We encourage you to do some research on the plant species you are purchasing so that you will have the most success at caring for your new arrival. This will give you an advantage on what to expect when your plant baby arrives so that you are fully prepared for plant parenthood.
I found a bug!
- At Plant Bro we take as many measures as possible to mitigate pest issues. Including beneficial insects and insecticidal sprays.
- Where there is dirt, there are bugs. This is one of the reasons why it is important to monitor your plants closely on a regular basis. Even an established plant in your home for years can become infected. Bugs are everywhere, they come in on your shoes, pets and clothes once in your home they can easily attach to plants where they have no natural predators.
- Quarantine any new plant you bring into your home for at least 2 weeks.
Returns & Exchanges
- We handle returns and replacements on a case-by-case basis with your happiness in mind. If you're not happy with your recent purchase, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refunds are issued when the plant is returned in the same condition it was received in. Shipping will not be refunded.
- Please note we are not responsible for packages returned to us by the carrier due to incorrect or incomplete address or delivery information.